NAESP Pre-K-3 Leadership Academy
April 17 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
Excelling Innovation in Leadership of Pre-K-3 Learning Communities
What is the NAESP Pre-K-3 Leadership Academy?
A program designed to promote and build the capacity of principals and directors to lead Pre-K-3 communities.
The National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP) and Michigan Elementary and Middle School Principals Association (MEMSPA) are partnering to provide high-quality professional learning and a resource program to meet the needs of elementary principals and Pre-K program directors serving children from age three to eight or Pre-K-Grade 3 in Michigan. NAESP and MEMSPA will partner to advance the following two key initiative areas:
- Provide a cohort of Michigan’s principals access to a year-long online training program (101 and 201 level coursework with associated lessons), the NAESP Pre-K-3 Leadership Academy, a multifaceted and highly engaged blended professional learning curriculum and coursework aligned to the research and foundational competency publication Leading Pre-K-3 Learning Communities: Competencies for Effective Principal Practice.
- Establish NAESP’s Pre-K-3 Leadership Academy and a community of practice that will be supported by three in-person full-day education leadership programming and learning sessions to help principals take theory, learning and content into practice. Participants will follow a series of blended coursework and create a Capstone Project aimed at improving practice in their schools and demonstrate mastery of deeper-level content.
Together, these two key initiative areas will provide high-quality, job-embedded professional learning to support a cohort of principals that will improve their instructional leadership skills in Pre-K-3 education. All content and focus of learning will be aligned to NAESP’s foundation competency guide, Leading Pre-K-3 Learning Communities: Competencies for Effective Principal Practice.
The program will begin April 2018 and concluded March 2019 and will be help at the MEMSPA Training Center in Mason, MI.
- Day 1 in person session: Tuesday, April 17, 2018
- Day 2 in person session: Tuesday, September 18, 2018
- Day 3 in person session: Tuesday, March 19, 2019
Due to the collaborative partnership of NAESP and MEMSPA, the NAESP Pre-K-3 Leadership Academy is being provided free of charge to program participants. Cohort members will be responsible for their own travel expenses.
How Do I Apply?
Deadline to submit application is March 16, 2018.