- This event has passed.
MEMSPA Tech Tuesday – Michigan Virtual COVID-19 Resources
August 18 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
MEMSPA Tech-Tuesday – Michigan Virtual COVID-19 Virtual Resources
Tuesday, August 18th at 12pm!
Zoom Link: https://asu.zoom.us/j/94886139965
To develop a deeper understanding of the needs and challenges facing educators in Michigan during the COVID-19 pandemic, Michigan Virtual convened a group of educational leaders who possess a deep understanding of instructional design, online learning, and the leadership challenges associated with this level of systemic change.
Members of the workgroup consist of 25 classroom teachers, building administrators, and district-level leaders. The purpose of this group was to serve as a sounding board on issues from the field, propose solutions, and explore new scalable delivery models that enable effective anytime, anyplace, and any pace teaching and learning.
During these conversations, three areas emerged that required in-depth research and development. As such, three sub-committees were developed and given the following charges:
- Professional Learning — Investigate professional learning needs for staff to transition to a high-quality remote learning environment. Development of playlists based upon competency model for various levels of development.
- Selecting a Learning Management System — Develop a decision matrix for school leaders that will assist them in selecting a Learning Management System.
- Aggregating Online Content for Core Subject Areas — Develop a repository of resources for district leaders to consider when selecting online content in the core subject areas.
Please join our presenters:
Jamey Fitzpatrick – CEO/President of Michigan Virtual
Dr. Dave Richards – Co-Chair of MV Learning Continuity Work Group and President of Core2Edge, LLC
Dr. Sarah Pazur – Director of School Leadership at CS Partners
Monique Uzelac – Director, Washtenaw Alliance for Virtual Education
Ben Gilpin – Principal, Warner Elementary – Western School District
- Overview of Michigan Virtual COVID-19 responses – Jamey Fitzpatrick
- Overview of Michigan Virtual Learning Continuity Work Group – Dr. Dave Richards
- Selecting a Learning Management System – Dr. Sarah Pazur
- Self-Assessment of Professional Learning – Monique Uzelac
- Aggregating Online Content for Core Subject Areas – Ben Gilpin